Instill good saving habits. Teach your kids how to save, share, and spend responsibly with this fun account!
- Quarterly Prize
- Birthday Gift
- Digital Banking
Spot’s $ensible Savings is a special savings account designed for members ages 3 through 10. Here at FCCU, it’s our mission to always put our members in a better financial position, and that means helping even our youngest savers learn about managing their money in a fun and educational way so they’re prepared for a successful financial future.
When a member age 3 to 10 opens a savings account they will automatically be enrolled in Spot’s $ensible Savings. Upon opening their account each little saver will be given a welcome kit complete with a paw-shaped piggybank and savings stamp card. Here are the bones.
- Minimum opening deposit of $5 required to open
- Eligible to earn dividends with $5 minimum monthly balance, dividend rates compounded and paid quarterly
- Parent must already have an account with FCCU
- Each stamp card has 12 squares, stamps are received for every $5 deposit. Completed stamp cards count as entries into a quarterly and annual prize drawings.
- Saver earns $0.50 cent piece for each in-branch deposit. Little saver must be present at time of deposit. Minimum $5 deposit required.
- Saver will receive a birthday postcard annually that can be brought into a branch location and redeemed for a special birthday gift!
- Online and mobile banking available to account custodian, including access to mobile deposit and eStatements
Spot is FCCU’s mascot. He’s also a spunky rescue pup who is passionate about helping kids learn how to save and spend responsibly. Interested in learning more about Spot? Check out his blog post for all the juicy details.
Prize Entry Deadlines
|Prize Drawings||Stamp Cards Due|
|Quarter 1||March 31st|
|Quarter 2||June 30th|
|Quarter 3||September 30th|
|Quarter 4||December 31st|
|Year-end Drawing||December 31st|
A special Spot’s $ensible Savings Newsletter is sent out quarterly via email to the young account holders parents or custodians. To receive this newsletter directly to your inbox, please sign up by clicking the button below.
View the latest versions here:
Some restrictions apply. See Fee Schedule.