Skip to content

FCCU offers several options to reduce fees that can be charged when you don't have enough money in your checking account. When you write a check, use your debit card, or preauthorize a payment from your account and you don't have enough money in your account to cover it, FCCU will cover it for you!

Here are your options: 

Courtesy Pay

Courtesy Pay is an overdraft program that allows you to withdraw more than your account balance when using your FCCU Mastercard® debit card. Additionally, if any check or ACH items are presented on your account, we'll cover that too. Essentially, we borrow you the money for a short period of time to cover an unexpected expense or money management error. When you use your debit card or preauthorize a payment from your account and you don’t have enough money in your checking account to cover the expense, FCCU will cover it for you. After you enroll, you’ll be set up with a pre-approved limit. Courtesy Pay has some coverage limitations based upon the type of withdrawal you are making. Federal regulation requires us to ask you to sign an Opt-in form in order to clear everyday debit and ATM transactions. There may be a fee associated with the use of Courtesy Pay, please see our most current fee schedule.

Overdraft Protection: 

Overdraft Protection is a tool used when you write a check and there isn't enough money in your account to pay it. The check is sent back to the store as "insufficient funds" and the store charges you a fee for writing a bad check. With Overdraft Protection, the store gets paid and you pay a minimal fee to FCCU for covering your overdraft. There are two ways to use overdraft protection: 

  1. Transfer from Savings

If there is not enough money in your checking account to clear the checks you have written, we will check your savings account to see if there are extra funds. If money is available in your savings, we will transfer funds from your savings to cover the checks you've written and charge a transfer fee. You may use any savings or checking account you have at the credit union for this automatic transfer option.

  1. Kwik-Cash Line of Credit

The Kwik-Cash Line of Credit is a loan that can be linked to your checking account to automatically transfer money from your available Kwik-Cash Line of Credit to your checking account if your account is overdrawn. In order to use this option, you would need to fill out a loan application and be approved by a loan officer based on credit standards. There may be a transfer fee associated with this service and you will have to pay interest on the loan until it is paid in full.

How do I opt-in?

You have 3 options:

  1. Fill out the PDF form, print and mail the form, or print and fax the form
  2. Fill out the form online
  3. Call your local branch to Opt-in over the phone
  4. Stop by any branch and Opt-in

Feel free to contact us at 920-563-7305 or submit your question via our Contact Us form to find out more about your overdraft protection options.

FCCU reserves the right to require repayment immediately or on demand.